Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Lesson On Gambling

I am very anti to betting or gambling of any sort. I really do not like the idea of it and so I choose not to participate in these activities. Recently, well after the relief society broadcast to be exact, Mikila in a moment of wishful thinking bet me that she could hike to the Y. Not only did she bet me but she put Cafio Rio on the line. How could I turn that down? So I went against all logic and reasoning and agreed to the bet. Anyone who has hiked the Y knows that it is quite intense and very steep. I need not remind you of the last hiking experience I had with Mikila, she posted that story on her blog, we will just say that it did not end well for her. So below is a video of Mikila smiling before the hiking began. My cousin Katie, who is also our roomate, came along as well. She made sure Mikila did not push me off the trail in a moment of anger.




I won't tell you who won the bet, but remember I hate losing. Mikila can write her own version of how the hike went down. I will say that she almost bet me Cafe Rio again about a comment I left on Dan's blog, turns out she backed out just in time because I was right about that one too. So moral of the story is don't bet or gamble because most likely you are going to lose, especially if it is with me!!!! The good news is that I got some pretty pictures of the beautiful fall leaves. The very last picture is Mikila all tuckered out and again whishfully thinking that I would give up my bed to her because she exercised, I think not. All in all it was a fun evening and we all got a little exercise.

6 comments:

Kriss said...

Oh ya, I've hiked to the Y, and complained the ENTIRE way. Of course that's what goes down on any hike I attempt!

Angelee said...

Lan, I am so proud of you. You got Mikila out and about. I love the part that you took Katie to ensure your personal safety.

Parley and Katie Call said...

I love your pictures! I love the fall leaves and hats. I'm so jealous...we are still almost 90 here! Ugh.

earlh75 said...

so where's the after video? Or do the pictures just say it all? Funny. I've never hiked up there.

Big Mama said...

hilarious

Melissa said...

I'll bet you anywhere you want to eat that I can hike to the Y. (I think I'll bring some red paint.)

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...