Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Girls Camp

Back in June I went to girls camp. I didn't take a camera so I could not document the week until some other people posted pictures. I was put into Relief Society right before camp so it was my last hurrah with the young women. I loved being in young womens. The Wednesday time commitment was challenging but I grew to love our young women and I think the world of them. The leaders I served with are some of my favorite people and truly because of them I began to feel at home in this ward. It was really hard to be the only one called away, but I am surviving. And that is how the church works!

So camp. I always dread being away from home for a week but I always enjoy myself when I am there. In three years of going to camp this year I had the least amount of responsibility, can't complain about that. It was much more enjoyable that way.

And a crazy little side note about the history of our camp. Originally when it was purchased two stakes owned the camp. The Provo stake and the Orem stake. The way it works is that every time a stake splits the new stake gets ownership as well. Those two stakes have become over 30 stakes in the last I think 30ish-50ish years, I can't remember the timeline it's been too long since camp. So amazing how the church works. There are four stakes up there at a time and they are working on opening up a new section to accommodate 5 stakes. There are lots of rules I don't love at this camp like no shorts and no swimming but it is a beautiful place and it is really nice that we don't have to find a place to camp each year.

We had tons of fun on the confidence course.
 One of the leaders had the hook ups from work and we all got sweet sweatshirts. Before we started the confidence course we learned about power poses. At least one arm up above the head. Something about how it releases endorphins. We capitalized on it.
 I also got to work with a couple of sisters I didn't know very well before camp and now I just love them. It is amazing how you just really can see the goodness in others when you are serving them. I have had the opportunity to work with so many talented people in my ward.
 I did the backwards fall. I will be honest I was a little nervous about them catching me. But they did no problem. Obviously you have to start with a power pose.
We planted trees for service. So much fun.
 Camp is a ton of work but it is amazing the impact it can have on the lives of teenage girls. It truly is inspired by Heavenly Father. I love seeing the young women gain a testimony and confidence as they spend a week in nature!

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...