Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, August 3, 2014

And then my parents came to Utah

July was pretty much a non stop party for this girl. To say I am tired is an understatement. I made it back to Utah four days before my parents and Aunt Virginia arrived. Again I only wish that I was feeling better. They were here from the 22nd-29th of July and it was very unpredictable as far as how I would feel. I was super tired. Still couldn't exercise without taking medicine and sometimes my world kept trying to spin. Seriously vertigo is bizarre. I have been to the doctor but it seems we are more treating symptoms then finding the problem. Frustrating for sure, but not the purpose of this post. Fake it till you make it and I really tried to just have fun while they were here. However I realize there were a few times that I acted cranky and dare I say rude because I was just exhausted from feeling like CRAP!

We did lots of family time. My mom got to visit her siblings, we played lots of cards, we visited. Virgina had to go to Cabella's. We hit up the newer outlets in Lehi.  And then we did a few other activities I actually remembered to document.

On the 24th of July we did the Provo Temple to Temple 5K. You run from the old Provo temple to the new one. It is all down hill so that is nice. 10,000 people participated this year. It was a little crazy. I never could run the pace I wanted too. Yes I took medicine so I could run. I also brought Moki. 
 My mom, aunt Nancy, and aunt Virginia walked it as well. It was a good start to the day.
 Luckily Virginia got some pictures.
 They provided a shuttle back to your vehicle but since I had Moki we just walked back. Everyone loved seeing Moki especially when she was rolling around in the sprinklers. She gets hot these days.
We spent the rest of the day with family barbequing and visiting.

We hit up the BYU Dinosaur museum and the Bean Museum. Both were very enjoyable and firsts for me.
 Resting with Grandpa on the steps.
 He loves having someone in the backseat with him. He gets very excited.
 We declared Friday a girls day out. We went to Park City and shopped and enjoyed Olympic Park. Andrew was obsessed with these manikins. Especially the little girl with a broken leg. So funny.
 I got a little one on one time with him while we shopped. Such a sweetheart.
Amanda suggested we go to Olympic park after shopping. I am so glad she did. It was lots of fun.
 Sometimes it is hard to get everyone to look the same direction.
 Hey I knew you could do it....
I loved spending the day with these ladies.

We also hit up the new aquarium. It was a lot of fun. Really big and Andrew had tons of fun. Andrew also stole the show at the aquarium. His Mom is the only other person that made it into my pictures. He helped uncle Aaron eat his fries.
 He loved this little net thing you could walk across in the Amazon section.
 Penguins
 He ran over to these bright fish. They really caught his eye.
 We sat in the shark tunnel for a while. It was fun to just watch the sharks and stingrays swim around.
It was a fun morning and would definitely recommend it to other Utah dwellers. I thought it was a little expensive but let's be honest I never do stuff like this so what do I know.

The other thing we did was hike the Y. My aunt Virginia and Mom really wanted to try and do it. The Y is a 2.4 mile hike. The problem is that it is 1.2 miles straight uphill. It is super steep. A great workout. I love hiking the Y but it even hurts my knees coming down and they are a little bit older than me. I was really proud of both of them. They made it to the very top. I think I get my endurance from my Mom. She rocked that hike. She just kept going and going. So did Virginia. it was fun to be there with them.
 Moki was in heaven. She probably ran the Y four times just sprinting between the three of us.
Coming down definitely took it's toll on these ladies, but man what an accomplishment for them.

It was so fun to have family stay at my house. So glad my parents and Virginia made the sacrifice to come and visit their Utah kids.


No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...