Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Monday, August 11, 2014

My Yearly Trek

Today I did my yearly trek to the top of Mt. Timpanogos. I love the hike. It is beautiful and amazing. I feel like doing it once a year is good until I get to the top and sign the book and the dude above me is 72 years old and has hiked to the summit 631 times. What? I am telling you if you think I am crazy there are people way crazier out there. But what an accomplishment. I would love to be able to do that when I am 72. So Julie Goudy, a friend form my ward who I served in young women's with, Moki, Titan and I hit the trail at 6am. We had a long but great day. We hiked from Aspen Grove which according to the internet is 13 miles round trip. I will start by saying that my vertigo was giving me a little trouble this morning and I was sort of worried. Luckily it cleared up and I felt much better on the way down. I wonder if the elevation and strenuous exercise were a bad combination? My legs also felt extremely lethargic all day, super annoying. I also sprained my ankle walking the two crazy dogs in the dark last night. I just stepped off the curb wrong. Yes my ankle was swollen before I even started hiking. Of course I turned it over one more time on the way down the mountain. Luckily it didn't give me much trouble once I kept hiking.Not my best hike as far as how I felt, but it was still beautiful and enjoyable. Julie was great company as well.

We saw more Mountain Goats than I have ever seen on Timp today. It was fun to see but also made me nervous because a dog got seriously injured from a goat on Timp just last week. You can see a few in this picture.
 There was a huge herd hanging out above the lake on the glacier. There were also quite a few hanging out between the saddle and the top.
Julie and Titan were first timers! Titan did great. He listens much better than Moki.
 I really do enjoy this hike even though it is challenging no matter how conditioned I am .
 Great Views.
 One more in color.
I know you are dying to see my selfie from the summit. . . . .
Moki exploring the summit.
 Most likely contemplating if there is anything to jump off of, my dog is crazy I tell you.
 The worlds best view from a toilet
Yes they have a toilet on the mountain. Yes I always need to use it and so I am grateful.

Snacking at the lake on the way down. Two tired dogs.
Moki loves just leaping through the meadow. She is so athletic it is scary.
 Gorgeous day. So glad we started at 6am. It was hot on the way down.

Moki thinks she always has to be in the lead. Super annoying.
Titan was pretty tired on the way down. He kept laying down on the path. Here he is taking a break in a spring running off the mountain. Poor pup.
My ankle is huge, my feet are swollen, and my hamstrings are tight but it was a great day on the mountain.

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...