Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Geneva

It was finally time to head back to Geneva and get ready to head home. I was definitely ready to be home but also sad to leave such an amazing place. The trip truly was a dream come true. It's weird because now that I have been home it seems like it was so long ago and maybe that it was an actual dream, but then I bump my feet and they remind me that it was no dream. I really hiked all those miles. They may never be the same, only time will tell. We woke up early, ate breakfast, and caught the train to Geneva. One last goodbye to Zermatt!
 Our hotel was right by the train station and airport. That was really nice. It was also close to the river that runs through Geneva. Geneva is a beautiful little city. I loved walking the streets and taking pictures.
 The clouds were amazing on this day.


 I walked the streets after lunch and again after dinner.
 I really wanted to soak it all in.

 I went into a park
















You are pretty much seeing the five mile radius of my hotel.
 And I know it is overload.




 The morning we were set to fly out I had a little time to go on a walk. I decided to poke my head in the beautiful church across the street from the hotel. The Basilica Notre-Dame of Geneva.
 It had really gorgeous stain glass windows.
 Not only is it a Parish church, it is also considered to be a place of pilgrimage to the Virgin Mary in Geneva.
 It was fun to step inside and visit for a few minutes.
 I wasn't in Geneva long but I really enjoyed the beauty I was able to see. We boarded a train in the morning to head to the airport only to learn out flight had been delayed 3 hours.
Such a bummer. That started a very long journey back to Utah. We finally made it more the 24 hours after we were supposed to, but we were safe. It was an unforgettable journey that I am so grateful I was able to have. It was so fun to get to spend time with and get to know my Aunt Virginia better. She was a champion on this trip. Good times!

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...