Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Reflections

I wanted to record some of the things I really loved about my trip to Switzerland but not in the daily reports I already posted. This list is in no particular order.

  1.  I loved meeting so many people of all ages and sizes that were trying to do the same thing we were doing. Even meeting the people who were just doing day hikes. I love to see people out and being physically active.
  2. The reminder of how big the world is. It is crazy that all those people live in Switzerland and have lives just like us. It is so easy to forget about how many people are actually on this earth.
  3. There are so many good people all over the world. I met the nicest and kindest people. They all seemed good. They wanted good things for themselves and their families. It was a really good reminder.
  4. I met and had good conversations with people from these countries: Belgium, Denmark, Australia, Japan, France, Germany, Brussels, Puerto Rico, Israel, England, UK, Switzerland, Holland, Iceland. From the United States I met a few people from the Seattle area and California. I was not anticipating meeting such a variety of people.
  5. How kind people are in general.
  6. So many people know English. I am also very grateful for this. It made it much easier for us. 
  7. Not having to pack a tent and sleeping mat. 5 days is a long time and it was so nice to not be backpacking. Some people were backpacking and I am so glad I wasn't.
  8. The world we live in is AMAZING and BEAUTIFUL.
  9. It is really fun seeing and experiencing a different culture. I loved that dinner was a huge social affair. They had multiple courses and took a long time to eat. They spent a lot of time visiting. I appreciated that. I loved that the smaller towns closed down in the afternoons. All the small towns closed down by 7 so people could go home to their families.
  10. I loved how there were flowers everywhere. Switzerland is a charming place. 
  11. Last but not least Switzerland is expensive. Everyone told me it is similar to the US, but not to where I live. Maybe big cities. Just be prepared if you go that it is not cheap!

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...