Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Champex to Le Chable and then the bus to Verbier

This day was truly heaven sent. 9 fairly easy miles. It was a great third day. We got to move our bodies but didn't have to make them more sore. Great recovery for muscles that have been taxed. The weather was nice, a little hazy, and we just enjoyed gorgeous views.
 We mostly just walked through peoples farms and enjoyed the countryside.
 A little hazy but seriously there are mountains for days in Switzerland.
 Virginia caught me walking, I did a lot of that!
Everywhere we hiked we were greeted by this lovely light green river. It was a color I have never seen in nature before. I am sure it has something to do with the minerals from the rocks but it was so unique.
 Starting to enter Le Chable.
 I was obsessed with this beautiful church.
 One more of the church. Behind it is the mountain we would sleep on.
After walking through Le Chable we caught a bus that took us to Verbier. The ski resort on the hill. The nice thing about doing a self-guided tour is that they really taylor to your needs. A lot of hikers we met refused to ever take a bus or ride a lift. We were on a strict timetable and so we did those things. I guess we aren't as hard core as some people and I am ok with that. The bus took us on the road to Verbier which is famous because in 2009 the tour de France rode up this mountain. The road is CRAZY!!!! I could not for the life of me imagine what it would be like to race up it. I stole this picture off the internet but it doesn't really do it justice. Trust me it was a crazy road. This is just a small section of the road. There was an entire mountain of tight switchbacks.
 We were lucky enough to get to our hotel just before the rain started. This happened multiple times and we were always so grateful the rain was chasing us and not catching us.

We were able to do laundry at our hotel. We payed $25 together to wash and dry one load of clothes. This seemed expensive but as we later learned it was pretty much the best deal in Switzerland.

After dinner I walked the streets for a long time and enjoyed this little ski town.
 Just a little piece of heaven.
 I really enjoyed the cool air this evening.
 It also felt great to not have on hiking shoes.
 The rain stopped just in time for my evening walk.
 This was one city where we actually had to buy our own dinner.
We learned the hard way that lots of places close their doors in the afternoon. Kind of like a Siesta. We really wanted pizza but we had to settle for a hamburger because of the store hours. Really on a normal day it would not have been that good but on this day my little burger was amazing.

This is also the first day I bought a lemonade. Let me tell you lemonade in Switzerland is amazing!!! I could have lived on it alone. Not too sweet and carbonated. After this dinner I became an addict. It was the best after hike drink ever. I loved the town of Verbier.

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...