Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, June 30, 2019

Kodachrome Basin Part 1

One of my co-workers has talked a lot about Kodachrome Basin. It is in Southern Utah by Bryce Canyon and her family loves it. I have wanted to go for awhile. Hannah and I had some open days and so we decided to go check it out. The great thing is that because we are teachers we can go during the week and get last minute camping. Hannah was nice and was ok if I invited Andrew. So the three of us headed out on a hot Wednesday afternoon for a couple of days of camping.

Loaded in the car and excited to go! I was surprised Andrew chose to come, mainly because he was missing a friends birthday party. I am so glad he did come. And I am really grateful Hannah was ok with it.
The trip down was not completely uneventful. Right before Beaver my AC stopped working. Are you kidding me?????? So annoying. I told Andrew that this is a little picture into his dads childhood. Unfortunately it was not an easy fix so we went the rest of the trip with no AC.
Andrew is great in the car which is so nice. He played with his legos, did some math and visited with us. The trip down was so LONG. Once we got to Kodachrome we set up camp and had a little time to play. Then we had our next set back. . . . . Andrew was sick. He laid down for a bit but then said he needed to throw up. We got him out of the tent and he threw up . . . . a lot. At that point he was pretty upset and just wanted his mom, which I don't blame him. Throwing up is seriously the worst. Hannah took Moki on a walk and Andrew and I hung out to see of he would start to feel better. The other problem was there were millions of Gnats. Gnats that bite you like mosquitoes. They were the most obnoxious things ever. They finally went to bed with the sun. So the trip started off a little dramatic. Luckily Andrew started feeling better. He even did a little bike ride with me. The gnats went to bed. We had a camp fire and smores. Tomorrow was looking more promising.

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...