Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Memorial Day

One of the reasons I wanted to come to California was the church was hosting an open house for the newly remodeled Oakland Temple. This is the temple I attended as a youth and it is where I took out my endowments. I was excited to go back. Ben's kids have also never been to a temple open house and so I wanted to go with them.
The temple was beautiful. the tour was a silent walking tour. That means it was very short and fast. I don't love that but it allows a lot of people to see the temple before it is dedicated. The grounds are absolutely stunning. It is such a beautiful building in a beautiful place.

A group shot!
 Ben and Katie's family
 I got an individual picture of each of the kids. Katelyn was still not really in the mood.
I am in love with these pictures of Braxton! The licorice I had in my purse was the perfect bribe:)
Sweet Katelyn.

 Me with the kids!

 My mom and the kids.
The temple was great. After we spent some time on the grounds we headed back to Lodi. We stopped and got some Chinese food on our way. Katelyn needed a nap because she was cranky.

After her nap we took the kids to the park. Olivia biked there and I ran. it was great to get some exercise. Then I took Olivia to the store and we got her a new bike that fits her a little better. When we went back to her house we cleaned it up and had her practice riding it. She had to learn to use the hand brakes. She is a great biker though. I hung out with the kids outside until it was time for me to go to the airport. My mom dropped me off at the airport and then headed home. I didn't get to bed until 1am. That was rough but it was worth it. i had a fabulous weekend in California.

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...