Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Friday, June 30, 2023

Fort Bragg Day 2

 Cody was so nice and brought his huge blackstone grill to Fort Bragg. He also volunteered to cook breakfast each morning. We all owe him. It was so nice to have a big grill that could handle so much food. 

We had slow mornings in Fort Bragg while people slowly woke up and food was prepared. Cooking for 40 people takes some time:)


Jan and Lou were so cute in their matching vests. I loved them!! They celebrated their 55th anniversary on Thursday when we were leaving Fort Bragg. So awesome!

After breakfast we headed to Seaside Beach. It was sooo nice in camp but once we got to the beach there was a fierce wind we had not planned on. It was stinking cold. I enjoyed walking along the shore with Summit and looking for sand dollars, my favorite activity. I did not take a single picture. So LAME! Luckily Caleb took a bunch.

Here are some of Caleb's pictures:

































We didn't stay as long as we normally would have because it really was cold. After we headed back to camp for lunch. At camp we regrouped and decided we were going to grab some Cowlicks ice cream and then some of us would head to glass beach. Aaron and Jacklyn were staying back and so I volunteered to bring Tyla. I am so glad I did. She loved it and it is really the first time I have gotten to take her without her parents, besides walks and bike rides. She did great because she LOVES cousin time. She seriously had the time of her life.

These girls walking to Cowlicks.



Glass beach was beautiful as always. Braxton and Jovie had a great time climbing all over the rocks, I don't have a picture of that but they did. 










After glass beach we went back to camp and got a different group of people together and went out to explore the tide pools at Mackerricher State Park, where we were camping. It was the low tide for the day. Not as low as we hoped but we were able to still do a lot of exploring.




Cody got some pictures as well.









It was a nice evening activity.








We headed back to camp and I hopped on my bike with Summit. I wanted to get a ride in and dinner was going to be a little later. We did the same ocean trail again. It was great. Cody made Mongolian grill food for dinner and it was so dang good.


 It is so nice to have so many good cooks in the family.

 I ended the evening heading to the beach to watch the sunset.



Day 2 ended around the campfire. Visiting and trying to stay warm. I also took a shower which was much needed. My feet were so dirty.

It was a great day!






No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...