Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Last Stop: Oroville

We had one day in Oroville. Northern California in the spring is magical and I just love visiting this time of year. The day started with a 3 mile run with Moki. Oroville had gotten a lot of rain the previous day and so we ran though lots of flooded streets. Mt feet were soaked by the time we got home. Moki didn't mind one bit.

 I still had Braxton and Olivia with me so we tried to make the most of our time together. We woke up and started off by jumping on the trampoline. They love when I jump with them. I still love the trampoline even though I am so old! The weather was amazing. All the storms had passed and it was a beautiful Saturday.

Mikila stopped by in the morning and I made her go to Wal-mart with me. When we got home Jacklyn was there. We played games, had lunch and visited. In the afternoon Jacklyn and I took the kids and Moki and Scout to table Mountain to hike Phantom Falls. Phantom Falls is a waterfall that only exists after a rain storm. Table mountain was magical. We hiked around four miles. The dogs were in heaven and honestly the kids did amazing. They complained a little but I was expecting more complaining so I was pleasantly surprised.

There was another big waterfall flowing on the way to Phantom Falls. It was such a gorgeous day and a fun outing.

 Table mountain wildflowers!!!
 Some of my co-workers saw my pictures and felt like I was in Ireland. It really is so beautiful.
 I let the kids run through the water as much as they wanted. We finally took off Braxtons shirt because it was so wet.
 The first water fall


Phantom Falls
Once we got to the falls Braxton said he couldn't believe we hiked all that way for such a small waterfall. Kids are so funny!!!
These two haven't hiked much so I was really proud of them.
The way back was obviously a little more challenging because they were tired. But after I bribed them with ice cream they did great. Well great until Braxton had to pee and he refused to go outside.....HELLO!!!!!
 It was such a beautiful evening. There were tons of people up there.
 Just jumping across little streams.
 Moki was in her happy place. Then she rolled in cow poop, which is still her happy place but not mine. I wanted to kill her. She stunk so bad and after a bath she still has a green tint to her upper body. Some days I could kill this dog.





 We had such a nice time. I am glad Jacklyn came so we could visit, let our dogs play and tag team the kids.
 After the hike we went back to my mom's and had dinner. Then the kids got ready for bed and watched Ferdinand. Let's talk about how it is the cutest movie ever. They loved it and so did all of the adults. It was a long, busy, and tiring day. I was so happy I got to spend so much time with Olivia and Braxton. I sure hate living so far away from them.

Nancy and I headed back to Utah Sunday morning. We listened to all five sessions of general conference in the car. That was awesome. We had missed some sessions because of ball games and then it turns out watching conference with kids was less effective. It was a great way to pass the time in the car. What an amazing conference. We got home just in time for bed before the start of a new work week.

Spring break was definitely a success!!!!

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...