Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Yosemite National Park

I love Yosemite National Park. I think it might be my favorite National Park, at least that I have visited. I was so excited to show my mom, Nancy and Virginia Yosemite.We entered the park up above Yosemite Valley so it was awesome to take in the view from up above. AMAZING!



After we stopped to admire the view we headed to Bridal Veil Falls. This is a paved short hike that we knew all four of us could do. I have only been to Yosemite one other time, it was in July. Spring in Yosemite was awesome because the waterfalls had so much water flowing from them.
 In July when i visited this waterfall was a trickle. In April you could feel the mist 100's of yards away.
After that small excursion we stopped in the valley to take some pictures. I don't know how you don't stop it is so amazing.

 Yosemite Upper Falls had so much water coming off of it. So did the lower falls.

I wanted to do a more strenuous hike so we chose the mist trail. There are two water falls on this trail. It is one of the trails you can take to hike Half Dome. There are a number of view points and so my mom, Virgina and I decided to hike this trail. We would hike as far as we wanted. I went up as fast as I could. Maybe a little too fast because my legs were feeling it by the time I got to Nevada Falls. It was 3.5 miles straight uphill with lots and lots of steps. It felt so good to go hard.

Steps leading up to Vernal Falls. This is the first waterfall you pass on the mist trail.
 It is quite a sight!
 Nevada Falls
 The side of Nevada falls
 Looking down toward the valley from the top of Nevada falls. So much water.
 Another look at Vernal Falls on the way back down.
There was a cute little black bear hanging out on the other side of Vernal Falls. I didn't get a good picture so I won't post it but he?she was fun to watch. My mom and Virginia made it to Vernal falls. this hike is family friendly but very steep. The scenery is some of the best I have ever seen. I love this trail.

After the hike we grabbed some food and headed to Lodi. It was a great day. I love Yosemite and feel like I could spend a week there and barely explore the valley. It is such a great place.

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...