Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, April 29, 2018

Good Weather, Bad Weather and lots of hiking

Spring in Utah is CRAZY!!! It can be 70 degrees one day and snowing the next. It is always an adventure. I have really enjoyed not coaching track. It has given me time to take naps and do lots of hiking. Most days Moki and I pick a canyon, try to convince some poor soul to come with us, and then hike up the canyon for an hour. It is great cardio and it is great to be outdoors.

I documented my car one morning when I woke up to this:(

 Somehow I convinced Anthony to come hike Rock Canyon with me. He complained and told me he would hate it. I think he actually enjoyed it he just couldn't admit it. We hiked up for an hour. It was a great evening. I really enjoyed the company. He also brought his camera and took this picture.
Amber and I went back up Rock Canyon on a Saturday. We went all the way to the campground. It was a beautiful day.
 I got a new toy. A gopro drone. I am loving it but I love the Karma grip even more. I hiked an hour on the Y mountain trail to play with the Karma stick. I got this shot a mile above the Y. Such a gorgeous evening.
 Moki and I have gone up Slate Canyon multiple times this year.We have watched it slowly come to life. It is looking so green now. That is the hike I am liking the most these days. It is the closest and least occupied so Moki can be off leash. We both wear ourselves out.
Moki has been doing this crazy thing this spring where she picks up bones of dead animals. So far we have had two deer legs, a vertebrae, and a femur. It really is gross. She seems to love it though. Dogs are so weird. The deer leg cracks me up because she loves to chase deer but the only ones she will ever catch are already dead:)
 Anthony and I hiked Stewart Falls last night. It was a beautiful evening. We had fun. the only downer was that I hiked my drone all the way in and them crashed it on the takeoff. SO ANNOYING!!! It broke three of the blades so I didn't even get to use it. So dumb. Anthony insisted on a picture when we got back to the parking lot.
This time of year is so nice. I biked to work four days last week. Amber and I biked 36 miles yesterday in the 80 degree weather. It is just so fun. I have also started playing pickleball. I had to learn to teach my students and I have played with Tanner, Erica, and Anthony. It is so fun.

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...